I have landed myself 2 internships with My-Wardrobe.com and Starworks in their PR departments in London. I am really excited to work with them both but 3 months of interning, unpaid is going to require some serious budgeting and determination.
My General Tasks when working this summer include;
- Scan and mount all coverage from the papers and magazines and pass to the team for logging
- Receive post and hand out to office
- Assist in the checking-in of all samples received throughout the day. These must then be hung/placed neatly back in the showroom
- Chase up any outstanding returns
- Docket and bike samples to press
- Assist in the arrival and return of samples
- File magazines/supplements/papers on a weekly basis
- Any admin projects given by the Press team (for example, updating database)
- Keep the building tidy, including kitchen, showroom and office
- Keep on top of housekeeping and make sure groceries are replenished where necessary
- To take direction from the Brand and Creative teams
- To assist in the prepping of looks for the styling team, including garment care such as steaming etc.
- Collate and input 'styled with' data for publication on the website
- To ensure that the styling wardrobe is organised to maximise efficiency on shoots
- Assisting in the preparation of events including London Fashion Week
I will be blogging from London throughout the Summer but for now i am off to enjoy some Andalusian sunshine, cocktails, and seafood. There will be lots of photos to follow...
I will be back in 2 weeks, but for the time being, i will be tweeting HERE @elliecollister
Follow my Instagram at @ellcoll